Monday, March 23, 2009

"Warning Signs"

"Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me." Psalm 119:133

When I went to my search engine this morning I noticed something I had never seen before. To the side of each site is an icon that tells me whether the site is "safe" or "unsafe" to view. Evidently, when my virus protection did an update this was one of the added protection features. Now that I have these helps and warnings, so that I know which sites should be viewed and which shouldn't, it will be up to me to either ignore or heed the warnings.

God's word is like that- it warns us of dangers that threaten to destroy our lives. It lets us know what things we should avoid and what things are all right. The "Thou shalt not" verses are warnings that if we will heed them we will avoid the traps and pitfalls that the enemy lays in front of us. For example, had David heeded the warning in God's word concerning not committing adultery he would not have suffered the heartaches he did later. On the other hand, Joseph did heed the warning and would not give in to Potiphar's wife's enticements. As a result, it may have gotten him thrown into prison, but it set him up to be positioned to fulfill his destiny.

God's word, when heeded and applied to our lives, teach us how to deliver ourselves from the snare of the enemy, but it also lets us know how to receive the blessings of God, how to enjoy abundant life, how to walk in a manner that is pleasing to the Lord and how to receive eternal life. So what are we going to do with it? If I decide to view a site that has an unsafe warning attached to it, I am taking the chance that my computer may be effected/infected. Therefore, I will NOT open the site. If I won't open the site for fear of crashing my computer, how much more should I heed God's warnings in His word so that I don't "crash" my life! After all, which is more important- my computer or my soul?????

Have a great day. Heed the warnings and only follow that which is safe for your life.

No comments: