Monday, March 2, 2009

"Share What You Know"

"And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also." 2 Timothy 2:2

One day last week we talked about how important knowledge is. I used the example of a virus threat that popped up on my daughter's computer. Well, it popped up on mine the other evening. It came so fast and unexpected- it took me totally by surprise. Once I saw it I could see why she was confused and thought it was a virus protection program. Had I not already had prior knowledge about it, had I not known how it appears, had I not known the name of the program it operates under, I might have made the mistake of downloading it.

Sometimes our knowledge can come through other people's experiences. Often God will use others to teach us so that we will avoid pitfalls that are awaiting us. That's one reason why He gives us teachers, pastors, etc. When God blesses us with the knowledge of His word, we can't keep it to ourselves. Once we have been through some trial, some devastating event, a time of grief or heartache, we should comfort others with the same consolation that we received. "Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." (2 Cor. 1:4) In other words-- tell me how you made it through it.

If you have been blessed with the knowledge of how God has delivered you, how the enemy tried to get a foot hold in your life, how you overcame through faith in God's word, what you learned by applying the scriptures to your situation, and so on, don't just keep it to yourself, share it with someone. You may be the very one to either keep a brother or sister from falling into a pit or you may be the one that has the rope to pull them out. We are all working together to help one another obtain the prize and reach the goal, and what we each know can help do that.

Have a great day. Do you have some knowledge that will help someone along the way and navigate through this life?

No comments: