Monday, March 16, 2009

"The Right Payment"

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers." 1 Peter 1:18

The Lord did not redeem our lives from sin with silver, gold, money or any other physical thing, but with the blood of His dear Son Jesus. But many people are still trying to redeem themselves with "corruptible" things. They are trying to pay the price for their redemption/salvation with good works, good deeds, religious service, church attendance, giving offerings, etc. When will we realize that this will not work?!

When I go to the store to purchase my groceries, I can't carry in an arm load of books to pay for them with. They won't accept the books as payment- I have to pay for them with money. When I purchased my automobile, I didn't pay for it with a wagon load of sugar. I didn't pay for my house by giving the bank my first born child. There was only one form of payment that was required and acceptable--- money. There is only one acceptable payment required by God to purchase our redemption-- the blood of Jesus.

Are you one of those who is still trying to purchase it on your own with your own form of payment? You are wasting your time, the grocery store won't take my books for payment of my groceries, neither will God take your good works as payment for your sins! But He will accept the payment of faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that is the only payment He will accept.

Have a great day. Are you still trying to purchase your salvation with "corruptible" things?

No comments: