Friday, March 13, 2009

"My Redeemer Lives"

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth." Job 19:25

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. How is that possible? How can I rejoice? How can I have gladness when there is so much turmoil around me? How is it possible when the future is so uncertain, when evil is on the rise, when problems are plaguing the whole world, when there is lack, suffering, illness, etc?

It's possible because I know that my redeemer lives! He redeemed my life from destruction and crowned me with loving kindness once, He can do it again. He reached down into the pit of miry clay and brought me out and set my feet upon a rock and established my going once, He can certainly do it again. He delivered me in the past, He healed me in the past, He provided my daily bread in the past, He made a way when there seemed to be no way in the past, He met and supplied all my need in the past... He (my redeemer) lives today and does not change so I can trust Him to do the same for me in the present that He did in the past.

Just because the arm of flesh is weak and failing; just because men have no power to help me; just because the money is running short; just because the help is not available; just because the economy is sinking should not cause me to stop rejoicing and being glad today. Just because they are all failing doesn't mean that God is. My hope is in Him... not in "them"; not in "things"; not in "people". My hope is in the One who will not fail me, nor forsake me, nor leave me, but who will help me, will be with me, will love me always. That is why I can rejoice today and be glad!!! It's why you can too!

Have a great day. I know my redeemer lives and He will not fail me even if everyone or everything else does!

No comments: