Friday, March 6, 2009

"Take A Break"

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." John 11:25

I take a break on the weekends from writing the devotional. Many of you get a break from your jobs over the weekend. Schools have a summer, winter and spring break- a time off from classes. But just because I take a break from writing the devotional doesn't mean I take a break from my service and devotion to the Lord. Christianity is not just something that we "do" it's who we are- disciples of Christ, followers of Jesus, children of the Lord.

I don't take a break from Him. He is not just an attachment to my life... He IS my life. "For in him we live, and move, and have our being." (Acts 17:28a) "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

You can't call yourself a Christian and have Him as an attachment- something added on. Again, He is your life. He is the air you breath, He is the marrow in your bones, He is the strength in your body, He is the wisdom in your decisions, He is the beating of your heart, He is the blood flowing through your veins. Without Him we are nothing and can do nothing. Before Him we were "dead men walking". We had no life. We are now alive because of Him, but the life we now have is His life in us.

Enjoy your weekend, but don't leave Him out. Enjoy your time off, but don't think that it is time off from Him. Don't just give Him certain days, but give Him all day everyday.

Have a great day. He is your life... you can't take a break away from "life".

No comments: