Friday, June 19, 2015

"Trivial"

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."  Proverbs 3:6

A couple of months ago, I bought this really beautiful potted plant.  I had the perfect place on my patio that I wanted to put it.  This plant doesn't tolerate direct sunlight very well, but that is where I put it instead of putting it under the patio cover.  The reason was because I was going for a "certain look" on the patio.  The thought would often come to me that I needed to move it.  But I liked it where it was.  Each time I watered it I noticed that it didn't look as good as it once did.  I would have the same thought to move it under the shade.  But I didn't.  I missed watering it yesterday so this morning when I watered it, I noticed the whole plant looked almost dead.  Now I know I should have put it under the shade.  Because I did not listen to the thoughts of moving it that I kept having, I got a look all right, but not the one I was wanting.  It is now the "look" of a dead plant.

I constantly talk to the Holy Spirit about everything-- including daily activities.  I believe it was His voice that was trying to get me to do the right thing about that plant.  You may disagree, but He is very personal in our lives even in the smallest and most trivial things.  He cares when a sparrow falls to the ground.  He notices each lily and the grass of the field that withers. 

The point I want to make is this:  we need to listen to His voice in even the most "trivial" of matters, and heed it.  I wanted to do it one way.  I was going for a "look".  I had my own idea in mind.  But He knew what was best.  His way of doing it was so much better.  It is like that in everything.  We have an agenda.  We have a plan.  We have a desire.  And will often ignore His leading because of what we want.  When we do, like my plant, it won't look so "pretty" after a while.  We will wish we had listened.  We will regret not paying more attention.  We will be sad, sorrowful, confused, frustrated and even angry because of what we have done to ourselves by not listening.  So learn to listen and respond to what He says.  His way is always the right way in every situation-- even those smallest and trivial ones.

Have a great day.  Listen to the Lord's voice in even what seems to be trivial matters.  His way is the right way.             

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:  mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

No comments: