Thursday, June 25, 2015

"A Lifestyle Of Worship"

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him."  John 4:23

It is amazing to me that the Lord is seeking people to worship Him.  What is more amazing is that He isn't getting worship from those who profess to be His children (Christians).  I don't understand how you can be a "Christian" and not be a worshipper of God?  It just isn't possible. 

Worship is not just something that we do on Sunday mornings in church.  It isn't something that we do when the choir sings our favorite song.  It isn't something that we do when God answers a prayer of desperation in a miraculous way.  Worship is a lifestyle.  It is not about "what we do", it is about "who we are".  We are worshippers of God if we are His followers. 

Worship is not only an act.  It is the result of a heart that is full of love and gratitude toward God.  I love Him, therefore, I can't help but "sing His praises", give Him honor, give Him glory, exalt Him, humble my heart before Him.  I am so grateful for what He did for me when He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross in my place.  I am so grateful that He has given me eternal life.  I am so thankful that He took me from death to life and loved me and forgave me when I was sinning against Him.  When I think about what all He has done for me, and how I didn't deserve any goodness from Him, I can't help but worship Him.  

Religious people only consider worship as an act to be done in certain settings.  True followers and lovers of the Lord can't help but worship Him regardless of the settings.  Which one are you? 

Have a great day.  Worship is not an act we do, it is a lifestyle that we possess.   


<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:  mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org 


 

No comments: