Wednesday, June 17, 2015

"It's Convenient"

"Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?"  Micah 6:6 

I was thinking, during my prayer time this morning, how thankful I am that God allows me to come before His marvelous throne of grace.  It is a privilege that is available to all who will put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ. 

I was especially thankful that I don't have to have someone else pray for me.  I don't have to go to a priest, a preacher, or some family member and ask them to "touch" the Lord and petition Him on my behalf.  I can do it myself.  Jesus provided the way.  There was a veil that separated man from God and only the High Priest could go behind it once a year and make atonement for the sins of the people.  But at the cross, that veil was torn in two!  (Hallelujah!)  I have access now myself!

I am thankful also that He does not requite me to pray in a certain position.  While I should bow my knee to Him in prayer, it is more important that I bow "my heart" to Him.  Thankfully, He allows me to pray standing, walking, kneeling, laying on my bed, anywhere I call upon Him, He will meet me there.

I am also thankful that I can come to Him at anytime-- day or night.  I don't have to wait for the "hour" of prayer, or the "call to prayer".  I don't have to wait for certain "holy days".  I don't have to wait until the "prayer meeting" is called.  I can come to Him 24/7, and at a moments decision to do so.

Lastly, I am thankful that I can come to Him "just as I am".  I don't have to bring some sort of sacrifice.  I don't have to bring a gift in my hand or some morsel that will hopefully appease Him.  I only have to bring myself-- as a living sacrifice.  I only have to give Him a "sacrifice of praise", which I gladly do because He is so worthy of it.

Having said all this, I have to ask, "What is stopping you from a time in prayer?"  We can go directly to Him ourselves.  We can pray in any position.  We can go to Him anytime-- He doesn't have 9-5 hours only.  We can go to Him just as we are-- without some gift in hand.  How "convenient" He has made it for us to be able to come to Him.  He has removed all that would hinder us.  That is a definite sign that He wants us to come.      

Have a great day.  What is stopping you from prayer?  God makes it so convenient for you to pray. 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:  mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

 

No comments: