Monday, March 2, 2020

Coffee Break - Break Every Chain

Coffee  Break

"Break Every Chain"

Everyday when I wake up, I wake up hearing a song in my mind.  I know the Lord is speaking it me through that song.  Yesterday, the moment my eyes opened a song came to mind.  I haven't listened to this song in a while so I knew it definitely was from the Lord.  What I heard was this-- "Break every chain, break every chain, break every chain."  When one of the ladies that is in my church sings it, she sings it declaring what all needs to be broken.  So, at the end of "break every chain, break every chain, break every chain", I heard these words--break off lethargy, slothfulness, lukewarmness, laziness.

I knew the Lord was saying that He was breaking these particular chains off my life.  He is doing it through this journey that I am on.  But the main reason I shared this is because I felt like the Lord was not only doing this for me, but He wanted you to know that those chains that have had you bound are being broken off of you!  He is breaking the chains that have had you bound. 

You have had some chains wrapped around your mind.  These chains are chains of deception-- they have tried to make you believe something that isn't real. They have tried to make you feel guilty for something that wasn't your fault.  They also try to make you feel like you will never measure up and you will always be in this bondage-- that there is no freedom or peace for you. 

These chains are also chains of regret-- they have tried to make you keep focusing on the past, on things you have done, things you didn't do, or things you should have done.  They try to keep you bound through constantly wishing you had done things differently.  They keep you busy trying to explain and justify your actions to others.  They want to make you think you have to have the approval of those you should have done differently towards. 

They are chains of bitterness-- they have tried to keep you bound by keeping you focused on things that others did to you.  You were lied to, abused, used, manipulated, tossed aside and treated unfairly and with disrespect.  You tried to make things different but to no avail.  So, now bitterness has bound your mind to the point where all you can think about is how wrong you were done.  As a result, bitterness has taken over not only your mind but your whole attitude.  You have lost your compassion.  You have gotten hard hearted and cynical.  You have put up a wall to keep others from getting to close and to keep you from being hurt again.  God is breaking those chains. 

There is power in the name of Jesus to break every chain!!  I believe the Lord is speaking specifically to some people about these chains above being broken off their lives, setting them free indeed.  But if you have chains in your life and you can identify them, He wants to break them as well.  Call upon the Lord.  Confess them to Him.  Ask Him to deliver you.  And He will.  He is the Chain Breaker!

Have a great day.  The Lord is breaking every chain that has you bound.

No comments: