Friday, February 28, 2020

Coffee Break - Road Signs

Coffee Break

"Road Signs"

On any journey you will encounter road signs.  Some of the signs tell you where there is lodging, restaurants and gas stations.  Some tell you how many more miles to a certain city.  There are also signs telling you where to exit, stop, no passing and the speed limit.  On this spiritual journey I have also encountered "road signs".  When you get into your car to take a journey, you are headed to a destination.  When you are on a spiritual journey, there is also a destination.  

The Lord has a destination in mind for me-- as He does for all of us.  The road signs I have encountered on it are meant to help me to arrive there.  The journey that I have been on is to bring me back to where I once was and take me forward to a higher level where I haven't been before.  

I want to share with you some of the "road signs" I have encountered. I have been encountering many "RE" signs. 

Regain-- regain my hunger and thirst                  
Renew-- renew my thinking that has been too influenced by the world and bring it back to the Word of God.                   
Refresh-- refresh me, taking away the weariness and allowing the Lord to breath a breath of fresh air on me.                   
Rekindle-- rekindle the fire that once burned brighter
Regenerate-- putting back into my heart the things that were lost
Relight-- relight, and restart a fresh fire in my soul
Reshape-- reshape my attitude to conform to His  
Remold-- remolding me into His image when it was marred.
Refocus-- refocus my thoughts and heart on what is truly important
Reform-- reforming me from the inside out
Reconstruct-- reconstruct what has been damaged in my heart
Restore-- restoring, bringing back everything that I allowed the enemy to steal from me
Repair-- repairing what needs fixing-- sometimes we don't think we are broken, but God knows
Reconciliation-- reconciling any thing that was broken in my relationship with the Lord or anyone else.  
Reignite-- reignite a bright light in me that cannot be hid.
Realign-- realign, putting back in order everything that was out of order
Reprioritize-- reprioritize and put everything in my life in its proper place.
Revive-- revive, bring back to life every dead place in me.

Did you see any "road signs" that you might need to pay attention to?  At different times in all our lives we need to have some "REs" going on.  Sometimes we need to rediscover God's great love for us, or let Him repair us, or let Him remend our broken heart, or let Him reignite a passion for Him, or reconcile our relationship with Him or someone else.  As we give heed to these signs and follow them, we will reach the destination He has in mind for us.

Have a great day.  Pay attention to the "road signs", they will help you get to where you are going.

No comments: