Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Coffee Break - I Surrender All"

Coffee Break

"I Surrender All"

When we talk about surrender, we don't mean that it is a one time thing that you do.  When you received salvation, you surrendered your life to the Lord.  Therefore, you were born-again.  But after that you have to continue to surrender to the Lord and His will the rest of your life. 

When I surrendered to the Lord's will concerning surgery, that was not the end of it.  I couldn't sit back and act like by that one act I had fulfilled all my duty from now on on the subject of surrendering to the Lord. No, daily I had to surrender to His will during my recovery.  I had to surrender to being patient and being still. I had to surrender to waiting to getting back to doing the things I had been doing until He releases me.

Surrender is actually a daily practice.  When you are faced with a choice to do right or wrong, you have to surrender to the Lord through the choice you make.  Either you will choose to follow what God says is right or you will choose to follow what your own will or the world's system says is right. When you choose to do right according to God, you just surrendered to Him. 

Surrender comes in all forms.  Sometimes it's as simple as getting out of bed a little earlier in order to spend time with the Lord before you have to go somewhere.  Sometimes it is more monumental like not taking the promotion you have worked so hard for to achieve because the Lord says not to take it.  Either way, each involves surrender.  Don't discount small acts of surrender.  Surrendering in the small things will make it easier to surrender in the larger things.  And the more you surrender, the less of you and the more of Jesus will be seen in your life.

Have a great day.  Surrendering to the Lord is a life long practice, not a one time thing.  


No comments: