Monday, February 10, 2020

Coffee Break- Devil's Trap

When I surrendered to the Lord's will, I had peace.  When we surrender, the enemy will  try to come in and make you question if you really heard from God.  He will try to distract you.  He will try to get you to turn away from the Lord's will and pursue your own.  He did with me.


I knew what I had heard from the Lord concerning going through the surgery. So, I went to see my primary care doctor.  After looking at the MRI results he suggested surgery, but he wanted me to have it out of town.  He gave me pain meds and was going to make a referral for me to a neurosurgeon.

I waited for over a week for a referral. The following Monday I called to see if I had an appointment yet.  I spoke with the lady who makes the referrals. She had not made a referral or appointment with a neurosurgeon. But she did tell me that the doctor also left orders that I could go to pain management.  Well, that sounded better than surgery, since I didn’t want it in the first place.  So I told her to set up an appointment with a certain doctor here in town.  The conversation ended with me waiting to hear back from her and hopefully we could “get this show on the road”.  In the meantime that same day I got a call from the orthopedic doctor’s office wanting me to confirm my appointment Friday of that week.  Appointment?  My husband had called his office after we had the MRI done to set me up an appointment, since he was sent the MRI results as well, but after the receptionist told him it would be over a week before I could be seen.  I cancelled the appointment because I was waiting to go to pain management.

On Thursday I still had not heard anything back about a referral.  All that night I kept pondering which doctor?  Do I have it in town or out of town?  This mass of questions and confusion kept coming against my mind.  We all know the Lord is not the author of confusion.  When I woke up that Thursday, I told my husband that I knew what I was going to do before I saw my primary doctor-- that was when the confusion began.  I decided to call the orthopedic doctor because he had the MRI results and I didn't need a referral to see him. Remember, I had cancelled the appointment for the next day.  I breathed a prayer before I called, "Lord, if this is you, please let him be able to see me in the morning." I called.. no openings. But while she was looking for the earliest opening, she asked if I just needed the MRI results.  I told her my primary care doctor had already given them to me.  She put me on hold and when she came back she said she would try to work me in at 11:00 the next morning. 

I knew the Lord's will but I let the devil entice me with what I really wanted to do.  He is good at opening doors to trap us and cause us to go against God's will and plan.  But, thankfully, The Lord knows how to get us back on course.  He knows how to open (the doctor could see me even after I closed the door by cancelling my appointment) and close doors (to this day I have not been called with a referral to pain management). 

We are not ignorant of satan's devices.  He will try to sway you, deceive you, appeal to your flesh and cause you to go against God.  We have to be on guard.  We have to be watching.  If you know that you have heard from the Lord, don't let the devil persuade you to do otherwise.

Have a great day.  When you know the Lord's will, don't let anything cause you to turn away from it...no matter how appealing it is.







No comments: