Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Coffee Break - Priority

Coffee Break

"Priority"

When you are laying flat of your back for almost two months unable to even get up without help or without pain, you quickly discover what is priority and what isn't.  The things we think are so important... aren't! 

I thought it was important to have my house always "spic and span", especially when I knew company was coming over- or at least picked up.  But I learned right away that it is-- like my dad always says, "Just a thing".  I couldn't dust, sweep, pick up paper off of the floor, wash clothes, wash dishes, cook, make up my bed, fold clothes, you name it... or even dress and undress myself. So, things had to wait on my husband to do it.  He did a fantastic job-- that man gets the blue ribbon.  He was trying to run the house, do the grocery shopping, pay the bills, pick up my meds, take care of the yard, and be nurse to me-- if it had to be done, he had to do it.  He couldn't get around to doing everything-- it was impossible.  Plus, you ladies know that even when men do it, they don't do it like we do it.  A lot of things had to be let go because he couldn't do it and neither could I.  So, therefore, I learned that it really doesn't matter.  It was not that big a deal.  It wasn't earth shattering.  Life would go on if you came over and saw dusty furniture or unwashed dishes.  It wasn't the end of the world. 

Sadly, we are so caught up in the minor things, the unimportant things, the things that nobody but us even notices, that we forget what really is important.  When we forget, it is a sign that we have misplaced our priorities.  Our priorities often get misplaced by unimportant things.  I am not talking about being people of excellence or good stewards over what the Lord has blessed us with-- we should be.  I am talking about getting so anxious about things that are not that big a deal.  

In this journey I am on, the Lord is reprioritizing things in my life.  My first priority is my relationship with Him-- not ministry, not a clean house, not anything else.  My next priority are the things that are priority to Him-- valuing and putting in proper order the things that He values-- which would be people.  Remember, love Him first, then others, then self. 

Have a great day.  Where are your priorities?  Are you majoring on the minors, and minoring on the majors?  Is the Lord and your relationship with Him your first priority?  If not, you better get your priorities in order.


No comments: