Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Coffee Break -- So, Why?

Coffee Break

So, Why?

When I surrendered to the Lord to have the surgery, little did I realize at the time that I was actually being set up by the Lord to go on a spiritual journey.  It wasn’t about my physical well-being or healing.  After all, I was already healed by the stripes of Jesus.  And I had experienced His healing power in this same area six years earlier.  
Six years ago I was working in my yard and overextended my back.  When I did, pain hit my back and I knew something was wrong.  Several weeks later I had an MRI.  When the doctor gave me the results, the first thing she said was, “Are you ready for surgery?” I had five bulging disc.  My immediate reply was, “No, surgery is not an option for me.”  I did not have the surgery.  I took pain relievers, prayed and stood upon the Word of God.  I continued to experience pain (but not to the degree I did this time) for five months.  Then one day the pain stopped.  I have been fine since.  I know the Lord touched me and healed the bulging discs.  To confirm it, three years later I was in an automobile accident (fender bender).  It wasn’t serious but I was hit from behind while I was parked.  I decided to have an MRI done from the top of my spinal cord to the bottom.  (I wanted to make sure that I was alright.)  I went to the same Orthopedic doctor and he confirmed from the results that there was nothing on the MRI that indicated any need for surgery.  God had healed me.
When I surrendered to the Lord to have the surgery, it wasn’t about relieving the pain, healing or my physical well-being.  It was about something greater.  Something eternal.  Something that would glorify Him. God cares about us and everything that affects our lives.  He cared about the pain I was in, but He is more concerned about our spiritual well-being than our physical.  Our spirits are eternal, our body is not.  It will go back to the dust one day.  
When I surrendered to the surgery, I surrendered to His will.  Once I was surrendered to His will, He could then begin to do a work in my life that He desired to do.  When God leads you, it is about more than you think.  He is working out a greater plan behind it.  
Have a great day.  With God, things are not always what we think they are.  They are never what we think they are about.  It is about something far greater that the Lord is after.  Bottom line, you will miss what He really wants to do in your life if you don't surrender.    
 

No comments: