Monday, March 16, 2020

Coffee Break - I Look To You

Coffee Break

"I Look To You"

I woke up this morning with a Whitney Houston song playing over and over in my thoughts.  It said, "I look to you.  I look to you.  After all my strength is gone, in you I hear a song.  I look to you."  

Who are you looking to this morning?  Who are you looking to to solve your problems, calm your fears, heal your body, give you peace, give you answers?  Who are you looking to to meet your needs?   Are you looking to the government, to family members, to friends, to the medical profession, to the financial institutions?  Are you looking to your own strength, education and wisdom?  Who are you looking to to save you?  Are you looking to your own righteousness, good deeds, or religious service?  

Don't misunderstand, God in His grace, goodness and mercy has given us some resources to help us in our times of need, but they are not the true source of our help.  All the places that we look to first are not our answer.  They take care of the surface issues.  Our answer, our strength, our help, our deliverance, our salvation, our healing, our provisions... everything that we need... all ultimately come from the Lord. Psalm 121:1,2- "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."

Have a great day. Where/Who are you looking to for your answers? 

No comments: