Friday, September 30, 2016

"Your Reputation"

"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold".  Proverbs 22:1

 As I was doing my Bible reading this morning, I came upon a verse that sums up my friend who just passed away-- "a woman that fears the Lord".  This was the reputation that she left behind.  Then I got to thinking about others who have gone on and what was the one main thing that I remembered about them.  For my mother it was the fact that she truly was a virtuous woman.   For my father-in-law it was the fact that he was a "man's man" yet he was the meekest person I ever knew.

One of my mother-in-laws' favorite scriptures (have heard her say it numerous times) is that "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches".  I was pondering that this morning.  When I die, I wonder what type of reputation I will  leave behind.  What will people remember about me?  Will it be a good memory or a bad one?  Will it honor God or bring reproach upon HIs name?  Will I be remembered for being loving and kind, or the opposite? 

The life that you live now is making a reputation for yourself-- not only when you die and leave this earth and are remembered later.  But also while you are here.  When your name is mentioned to someone will their thoughts of you be good ones or bad ones?  What will be the first thing that comes to their mind? 

You are making a reputation for yourself through every deed you do, word you say, reaction, response and attitude you have.  The verse says that you and I should choose to have a good name-- a good reputation-- even more than we desire to have riches.  Why?  Because your reputation will outlast your riches.  When the riches are gone, when you are gone, when your properties are divided among your remaining heirs and are gone, all that will be left is your reputation. 

Have a great day.  What kind of reputation are you making for yourself?  What will people remember about you when you are gone?  What do they think about you now? 


<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Co
ffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
 

About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: 
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org  

No comments: