Thursday, September 15, 2016

"Hiding The Word"

“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”  Psalm 119:11

Occasionally, I will "hide" money in my wallet.  I put it in an inconspicuous place and then "forget" about it-- I hide it from myself so I won't be tempted to spend it.  That way when I have an emergency and need it, I will have a few dollars on hand.  (I know other people who do the same.)

The verse above says that we should do the same with the Word of God.  We should "hide" it.  God's word needs to be hid in our hearts, not so that we will not use it, but so that when we need it it will be there.  It has been a relief to remember I had those few dollars stuck back (hid) when I found myself in a situation where I needed them.  They saved me a lot of embarrassment, got me out of what could have been a bad situation, and came to my rescue.  Had they not been "hid" in my wallet, the outcome of the situation would have been different.

If the word of God is not hid in our hearts, when we need it in order to make it through a situation-- or an emergency-- we are facing, we won't have it.  We won't have an answer to face the problem with.  We won't have the wisdom, grace, peace and everything else the word provides for us when we need it.  In short, we won't have what we need when the need arises and won't know what to do about it either.

Have a great day.  Don't just read the word of God, hide the Word of God in your heart so that when you need it, it will be there to help you.  


<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Co
ffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
 

About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: 
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org   


 

No comments: