Monday, October 3, 2016

"Unchanging In Change"

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever".  Hebrews 13:8
 
When I went to my computer to write the devotional, I noticed that my Outlook program has completely changed.  The whole format is different. Therefore, it is taking me a minute to navigate and find my way through it.  Do you ever wonder why it is that someone is always changing something?  Why can't they leave things as they are?  There was nothing wrong, in my opinion, with the old program.  It was much easier for me to use. 

The world around us is in a constant state of change.  Some change happens automatically-- like the changing of the seasons.  Some changes happen which are controlled by someone thinking that it should be done a certain way.  Some changes we have no control over.  Some changes are good.  Some are not so good.  Some are easy to adjust to, others are more difficult and take more time to get use to.  

Change is not always easy.  Often, change makes life more difficult for us-- especially until we get use to it.  But in this ever changing world, I am thankful that one thing remains the same--- God is God.  He does not change.  He remains the same.  He is the same today as He was in the past, and will be the same tomorrow as He was today. 

The fact that the Lord does not change should bring us great comfort.  I don't have to wonder or worry about Him.  I don't have to hope that He is still the same when I go to Him with my need.  He will be faithful to supply it just like He always has.  Take heart this morning.  Your world maybe changing.  It may be a good change or it may be a not so good change.  But, regardless, God does not change and He will help you through the change.

Have a great day.  Things are always changing around us, but we can trust that the Lord will stay the same. 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Co
ffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
 

About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: 
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org  

No comments: