Wednesday, October 19, 2016

"Jesus Himself Said It"

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me".  2 Corinthians 12:9
 
"And He said unto me".  Who is He that spoke to Paul?  If you have a red-letter Bible you will notice that this verse is written in red.  That means the words spoken there are the words of Jesus.  Jesus Himself was the One who said to Paul, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness".  It wasn't the words of an angel sent from God as were the words spoken to Mary concerning her carrying of the Messiah.  It wasn't the words of a prophet, a disciple or an apostle who was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write them.  It was none other than Jesus Himself! 
 
Jesus said to Paul in his time of trial, confusion, unrest, and weakness that His grace was sufficient and His strength would be perfected in Paul's weakness.  Paul needed to hear it from Jesus Himself-- and he did.  Today, Jesus Himself is speaking the same thing to you.  I don't know what you may be going through, but Jesus does (just like He knew what Paul was going through).  I can't hear your prayers, but Jesus does (He heard Paul's and replied with these words). 
 
Jesus is still speaking today.  He is speaking by His word and by His Spirit.  You may be in a place of weakness, great trial, temptation, grief, pain, or confusion.  Your whole world may be turned upside down.  You may feel as though you can't go on and you are not going to make it.  You may feel as though the weight you are bearing is more than you can endure.  Your problem may be hanging on and hanging on with no evidence of resolve to it.  But take heart, Jesus is speaking and He is speaking to you the same thing He spoke to Paul in his time of need-- "My grace is more than enough for you.  My strength will be manifested in your weakness".
 
Have a great day.  Jesus Himself is saying to you, "My grace is sufficient for you: My strength is made perfect in your weakness". 
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Co
ffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
 

About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.

Please feel free to call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: 
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org  


No comments: