Monday, January 18, 2016

"Unite My Heart"

"Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name".  Psalm 86:11

"... unite my heart to fear thy name".   I have prayed this more times than I can count.  It is because our hearts tend to be swayed and persuaded easily.  We tend to want to follow the crowd.  We gravitate to the things that appeal to our flesh.  We want to go in the direction of whatever is the latest fad or most popular thing in the world around us.  Our affections seem to shift constantly.  I was telling a friend the other day-- in the area of home décor-- that my taste changes pretty regularly.  One day I like the rustic décor.  Next week I may be leaning toward something more contemporary.  This is something we seem to do in all areas of life.  We go from one desire to another. 

If we aren't careful the same thing will happen in our relationship with the Lord.  We will be pulled between Him and what our flesh wants.  We will be pulled toward what is "vogue" at the moment.  We will be pulled toward the opinion of others.  We will be pulled to mammon, material blessings, self desire and the lusts of our flesh. 

Do you feel yourself drifting away from the Lord? Are you being pulled between Him and other things?  Are worldly things consuming your thoughts, time, energy and finances?  Do other things have priority over Him in your life?  Then you should be praying this prayer as well.  Unite my heart-- that is-- bring all the areas in my heart into agreement.  Make all the areas of my heart place You first and on the throne.  Help me not to have a divided heart, but instead love and fear You with all my heart.

Have a great day.  Is your heart divided between the Lord and other things?  Pray for a heart that is united to fear His name. 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:
www.mastersbusiness.org

No comments: