Tuesday, January 19, 2016

"Loaded With Benefits"

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah".  Psalm 68:19

Even before I got out of bed this morning I was aware of many benefits and blessings that the Lord has already sent my way.  For instance- I woke up.  I have a roof over my head.  I have my husband laying beside me.  My house is warm.  I have all my senses working properly.  I am healthy.  I am not laying on a bed of affliction.  I have my right mind, etc.  But should I have woke up this morning without any of these things, I would still be loaded with benefits and blessings,

According to the dictionary, a benefit is an advantage or profit gained from something.  Many employers give their employees benefits.  It comes with the job automatically.  But there are others that are bonuses and are earned for a job well done.  Serving the Lord, loving Him and living your life for Him-- in His service and building His Kingdom-- has tremendous benefits.  The Lord's benefits are given to us automatically.  There are some that are conditional, but for the most part we don't have to earn them, they are given by grace.  

You may not could have named some of the benefits that I did this morning, but He still loads you with benefits none the less.  The real benefits are not tangible.  They are not physical.  They are not material or financial.  The greatest benefit is eternal life.  Another benefit is having access to go to the Lord in prayer asking for your need to be met.  Some other benefits are peace, strength, grace, wisdom, joy, love, direction, power and faith to name a few.

When you look around and think there aren't any/many benefits to serving the Lord, think again.  When you look at what you don't have and feel like He hasn't given you any benefits, look again.  They are there.  You have been loaded with them.

Have a great day.  The benefits you receive from serving and loving the Lord will load you down.    

 <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:

 

No comments: