Thursday, January 14, 2016

"Comparing God To Man"

"O God, the proud are risen against me, and the assemblies of violent men have sought after my soul; and have not set thee before them.  But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth".  Psalm 86:14,15

Men/people won't always be kind and good to you.  They will rise up against you.  They will talk about you.  They will try to hurt you.  They will plot against you.  They will try to take advantage of you.  They may attack you-- your character, your possessions or even physically.  There are some who are out to do you harm.  They will mistreat you and abuse you.  The Psalmist learned that very well.  But he also learned something else.

He learned that while men were violent, uncaring and destructive, God was a good God who was full of compassion and mercy.  He learned that God would not treat him in such a way.  He knew he could always count on God to treat him fairly, even when he would fall or fail. 

I am thankful that God is not like man.  You don't have to wonder or worry about Him.  When people hate me, I know He still loves me.  When all forsake me, I know that He is still with me.  When there are those who try to do me harm, I know that He will only do good by me.  When there are those who are against me, I know He is for me.

So many people become "anti-God" because they equate Him to people.  They equate Him to an abusive father, to an unfaithful spouse, to a violent person they know, to the Christian who is a hypocrite, and so on.  But He is NOT at all like us.  He is not at all like any person we would dare to compare Him to-- good or bad.  He is God-- not man.  He is the Creator-- not the creation.  He is love-- not emotions running wild. 

Have you defined Him, acquainted Him with or looked at Him like you do some person?  Then you are seeing Him incorrectly.  He is in a "class" all by Himself.

Have a great day.  You can't compare God to men and get a true picture of who He is.   
 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:
www.mastersbusiness.org

No comments: