Thursday, January 21, 2016

"Choose To Fight Of Not"

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ".  2 Corinthians 10:7

When I am going through a spiritual, mental or emotional battle, fear is coming against, worry is trying to take hold of me, bitterness and self-pity are wanting to control my thoughts, I have a choice.  I can either choose to give into it, or I can choose to war against it.  I either succumb to it or I go to war against it.

To every battle there is an outcome.  It is either one of victory or defeat.  If we choose to do nothing-- not fight-- then we will surely be defeated and brought under the control of whatever is warring against us.  If we choose to fight we will be victorious and overcome it. 

I know how it is to do nothing and let it defeat me.  When my emotions are being fought against and I do nothing, I wind up in a "mess".  All I want to do is cry, be left alone, run and hide, get defensive or get even.  That is not life, that is defeat.  Jesus came to give us abundant life.  He has provided all things for us that pertain to life.  He has through His own victory at the cross given us the victory over every enemy that comes against us.

From experience also, I know that if I will make the choice to fight then this will not last.  My emotions will be brought into check.  My mind will regain peace.  Joy will begin to flood my heart.  I find that the more and more I choose to fight against it, then I spend less and less time being dominated by it-- the battle time gets shorter. 

Sometimes we don't "feel" like fighting.  Sometimes we want to "enjoy" the self-pity, anger, etc.  Sometimes we want to "stew" in it.  But that is dangerous.  It is like sitting in a chair with a ticking time bomb in your lap.  It will eventually explode.  Then you will really have a problem.  We have to make the choice to get past our feelings. We have to make the step of faith to come out of it.  We do that by drawing near to God.  We do it by calling upon Him for help.  We listen to the voice of Holy Spirit.  We renew our minds with the Word of God.  In doing so, we are fighting a good warfare.  We are fighting one that we are already guaranteed to win.

Have a great day.  When you are in a spiritual battle, you can either choose to fight and win or give in and let it conquer you.   

 <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

 
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web
www.mastersbusiness.org

No comments: