Monday, December 28, 2015

"Use More Effort"

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."  Matthew 7:7

Recently, I was doing some painting in my house.  I usually use the kind of paint that just washes off with water.  In this particular room I had to use an oil-base primer.  I think I got as much on me as I did on the walls.  When I get paint on myself, I am accustomed to just going to the bathroom and using soap and water to get the paint off.  Not in this case.  Soap and water didn't work.  It took something extra.  It took more effort on my part to get clean.  I had to use a paint thinner and "wash" in it. 

There are times, and situations, in our lives when it is going to take a little more than just simply "asking" God for an answer.  Sometimes we are going to have to go a little deeper and a little further.  We are going to have to do more than just ask.  We are going to have to seek.  Seeking involves putting forth more effort and continuing until you find the answer that is needed.  Knocking involves even more effort.  Knocking is more serious petitioning. When we knock, we are determined to stay there in prayer until the door/answer is opened.

We are so used to having everything quickly, easily and without much effort on our part.  But prayer isn't always like that.  It involves more than just the simple way.  But if the prayer is worth praying and the need is worth the answer, we need to learn to go the extra mile in prayer, take the longer path, persevere and stick with it until the answer comes.  Don't give up or quit until you have not only asked, but sought and knocked to get your answer. 

Have a great day.  Prayer is not always as simple as just asking.  Sometimes it involves more effort on our parts.   
 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:

No comments: