Friday, April 17, 2015

"Signs Of Transformation"

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."  John 13:35

My seven year old granddaughter and I were spending some time together the other day.  She was not being very content and was whining about what she wanted to do.  I asked her if she loved Jesus and if He was living in her heart and she said, "Yes".  I then told her that there were signs that Jesus is living in our lives.  One of those signs was that we are content.  I told her another sign was that we didn't complain.  I proceeded to tell her that being patient is a sign also.  Obedience to her parents and others was a sign.  She then said to me, "There sure are a lot of signs".  I told her there were a lot more than those.  Jesus said the greatest sign was love.  Our love for others show that we love Him and that He is living in our hearts.  I then told her that there was one big sign that showed He lived in our hearts-- and that is living, acting, walking and talking like Jesus.   

Jesus came to save us from our sins.  He came to give us eternal life and forgiveness.  He came and took the punishment for our sins so that we can be reconciled to the Father and live with Him in heaven one day.  But after we receive salvation and He comes and lives in our lives, there is a transformation that should begin to take place.  A transformation into His image.  Where we live our lives like Jesus.  Where it is no longer I, but Christ living in me.  Where we can say, with Jesus, that when you see me, you see the Father.  Where we decrease and He increases.  Like my pastor says, "We are Jesus with skin on in the earth."

Yes, there are a lot of signs that prove what we profess if we profess that Jesus lives in our hearts and we love Him.  Jesus said the greatest sign was love.  As we allow Him to transform our lives to look more like Him, love will be there because He is love.  The more we yield to His transformation process in our lives, the more other signs-- peace, joy, faith, contentment, patience, kindness, etc.-- will be evident because they will reflect who He is.
 
Have a great day.  There are a lot of signs that prove Jesus lives in your life.  Are those signs evident in your life?    
 
For further reading:
John 3:30; 14:7-9
Galatians 2:20
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:  mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge
 

No comments: