Monday, October 3, 2011

"Rejoice In The Lord"

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Not everything that happens to us each day causes us to "rejoice". There are situations that arise, events that take place, circumstances that occur that we can't rejoice over. Today we might get a bad report from the doctor- that is nothing to rejoice over. Our teenage daughter might tell us she is pregnant out of wedlock- we can't rejoice over that. We might find out our spouse has been cheating on us- no one can rejoice over that. The boss might give us the pink slip and tell us to pack up our things we no longer work for them- that is not something we can rejoice over either.

The scripture doesn't tell us to rejoice about the bad things that come our way. It doesn't mean we are to rejoice because some bad or evil thing happened. The rejoicing that it is talking about is in the Lord. In the Book of Philippians we are told to, "Rejoice in the Lord always", and it is even repeated, "And again I say, rejoice".

The rejoicing is not in the thing that happened but in the Lord. I will rejoice because even though this or that happened it can't separate me from the love of God- He will continue to love me. I will rejoice because, even though it was bad, the Lord will make all things work together for my good. I will rejoice because even though some terrible thing has formed against me, the Lord will see to it that it does not prosper. I can't rejoice when evil comes, but I can rejoice in the Lord who will deliver me from evil. I can't rejoice about the battles that rage against me, but I can rejoice in the Lord because He fights my battles for me. I will rejoice in the fact that the Lord is still in control- not my circumstances. I will rejoice in the Lord because I know He sees what is happening and will not leave me nor forsake me but will make a way for me.

While I can't rejoice about a bad thing that may happen in my life today, I can rejoice in the Lord who does not change and who is with me always. Therefore, I will rejoice in the Lord today even when bad things come my way.

Have a great day. Our rejoicing is in the faithfulness, goodness, tender mercies and grace of God- not in the bad things that happen.

For further reading:
Philippians 4:4
Isaiah 61:10
Psalm 97:12; 34:1,2
Habakkuk 3:17-19

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell

and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: