Monday, October 17, 2011

"Capturing The Enemy"

"This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." Joshua 1:8

I overslept this morning because I was dreaming-- seems like all night. I feel the need to share one of the dreams with you.

I was in a room. The room was dimly lit and there were two couches in it (one on one wall and the other on the wall beside it). On the first couch which was closest to where I and one other person were standing, was a person (actually, it looked like two people who looked more like babies than full size adults). On the other couch were sitting several people. In the dream I knew that the person on the couch closest to me was the enemy (the dream was taking place during war time). The people on the other couch were my allies. As I stood there looking at the enemy a word came to me (I thought it was a scripture, but I knew it was from the Lord). The word was "encircle the enemy and you will have victory".

I looked at my allies on the other couch and told them, "Encircle the enemy. We (referring to me and that other person) will get at this side of the couch arm and you get on the other side and then come connect in a circle with us around them." The enemy would have been hemmed in, with no way of escape, we outnumbered them and could have easily overpowered them, and we would have the victory over them. The other person and I got into position, but the ones on the other couch did not. They would not move. Victory was so close and so easy to obtain yet they would not get off the couch to do it. The person who was with me and I stretched ourselves around the couch and captured the enemy. We tied them up and took them as prisoner.

(There is so much to share from this dream that it will be the topic of the Coffee Break devotionals for the next few days.) What I want to share this morning is this: obedience to the Word of God is what brings victory. "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land." (Isaiah 1:19) A lot of people are willing (they want to have the victory over the enemies in their lives), but it's the obedience that they don't want to do. They want it, they just don't want to have to do anything to obtain it. You can't have victory though without it- they go hand in hand. Perhaps you are not walking in victory in a certain area and can't understand why. May I suggest that you check and see if it is because you have not obeyed what the Lord has told you to do. (Who knows, it might be??)

Have a great day. Obedience and victory go hand in hand.

For further reading:
Luke 6:46-48

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: