Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Capturing The Enemy - Part 3"

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

We are still talking about the dream I had the other night. Yesterday we talked about the enemy. We said that when we take a closer look at the enemy, he isn't at all as he appears. If you will remember I said that in the dream the enemy looked like a person but upon closer inspection it looked more like a couple of small infants sitting together. We said that even though the enemy looks stronger, more powerful, more intimidating, we don't have to fear him because He is not bigger than Jesus and Jesus has already defeated him.

I want to look at the enemy again this morning. It is so easy for us to mistake who the enemy really is. I told you that in my dream there were two couches- the enemy was on one and there were some people sitting on the other one. Those other people were my allies. Yet when it came time to capture the enemy, they did nothing to help. They did not move- they just sat there. They did not come to my aid, they did not lift a finger, they gave me no words of encouragement- nothing. The only one who helped me was the one person who was standing on my side of the couch.

At that point it would have been easy for me to look at my allies now as foes. I could have decided that since they did not help, they were now my enemies as well. We must guard against making "people" our enemies. They are not- even if they don't come to your aid; even if they don't help you or support you; even if they fail you; even if they oppose you, or even if they are attacking you. They are not the real enemy. I didn't say they might not be used by the enemy, but they are not the enemy. Our real enemy is revealed through the verse above.

If we don't correctly define who the real enemy is, then we will wind up fighting the perceived enemy and not him. In my dream if I had turned to fight those people, I would not have captured the real enemy and he would have gotten away free to attack me another day.

Have a great day. We must know who the true enemy is- and it is not flesh and blood.

For further reading:
1 Peter 5:8
Colossians 2:15
Revelation 12:10
John 10:10

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: