Monday, June 8, 2009

"Under The Blood"

"And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt." Exodus 12:13

A few weeks ago I kept hearing a noise. I finally discovered the source. It was a bird that kept flying into the windows in the sunroom. I watched as it repeatedly flew into the windows- I suppose it was trying to get in. The next day it was back- at the sunroom windows, my office and the living room windows. The next day you could hear him flying into the windows again. This went on several times a day for almost two weeks. I wondered what was wrong with that "crazy" bird. You would have thought that it would have finally discovered that it could not get in through those windows, but it would not let up.

Being a person who knows that God sometimes reveals things to us through natural things and often uses illustrated sermons, I even asked the Lord about this, if it meant anything. After all, it was not natural for this bird to act this way and continue to act this way. One day about a week and a half after this started I was praying as I was walking through my house- through the sunroom- and I got an understanding of something concerning that bird. Now, I don't know if this was the reason that kept happening, but it did turn out to be a very good illustrated sermon.

I was praying for the Lord's protection over my home and began to say, "Father, thank You for Your protection. Thank You for the blood of Jesus that protects us and keeps us safe from the enemy, just like these windows are a protection to keep things from coming into my home that don't belong in here. Father, thank You that just as these windows were a barrier to keep that bird from coming in, Jesus' blood keeps the enemy from coming in to harm me." I finally got it. What a great illustration!

The blood of Jesus saves us and covers us. It is a protection for us from the enemy. When we are "hid" under the blood, the enemy cannot find us. When we are under the blood death has no sting, the enemy cannot destroy us, no weapon formed against us shall prosper. That bird tried and tried to get through those windows but they were too strong for him to penetrate. The enemy is persistent in his attacks against us. He will try and try to find a weak spot to get in through. He is relentless and will not give up. But as long as we stay "under the blood" he will not be able to "get in". The blood is stronger, it is more powerful, it is too powerful for him. It is what destroyed him when it was shed at the cross!!!

By the way, the bird finally quit and has not been back. I guess he finally realized he couldn't get past those windows. The enemy may come for a season trying to get in to destroy us, but he too realizes that he can't get past the blood!

Have a great day. Stay under the blood!

No comments: