Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Spent"

"Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God." Isaiah 49:4

Our lives are being "spent" on something. How are you spending yours?

1) Is it being "spent with" the Lord? Do you spend time with Him daily? Throughout the day? Once a week? Would you rather spend time in His presence than anywhere else? Is your time spent on selfish lusts, entertainment, wasteful activities, on things that have no eternal value to them, or is it spent getting to know Him better, developing a deeper intimacy with Him, drawing closer to Him?

2) Is it being "spent for" Him? Are you spending your life doing His will? Are you spending it doing the things that please Him, on the things that He has commanded you to do, on fulfilling His plan for your life? Or are you spending it on self- on your own desires, following your own dreams, visions and agenda?

As I said earlier, our lives are being spent on something. They are either being spent on self or God, on His will or our will, on eternal things are temporal things, on spiritual things or fleshly things, in His presence seeking His face or seeking our own pleasures. So again, I ask you, "How are you spending your life and what are you spending it on?"

Have a great day. Are you spending this life that He has given you with Him and for Him?

No comments: