Monday, June 1, 2009

"Today I Know"

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Well, it's another new day. Who but God knows what it holds in store. I certainly don't. I don't know what will happen, will it be a happy day or a sad one, will the needs be overwhelming, what new challenges will I face, will it be filled with sunshine or rain, blue skies or clouds, good news or bad news, will I even live to see the end of it.

I may not know a lot, if anything, about this day, but ask me what I do know about it... I know that today God will be faithful to me. He will not leave me nor forsake me. He will show me mercy and forgiveness when I fail. He will pick me up if I fall. He will uphold me with His strong right arm. He will be my present help in time of trouble. His name will be a strong tower to me. He will supply all my need. He will load me with benefits. He will give me strength in my weakness and peace in confusion. He will not stop loving me. He has given me everything I need to be victorious. His word will be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. He will answer my prayers. He will keep what I commit to Him. He will make a way even when it looks like there isn't any. He will be a shield of protection for me. He will not withhold any good thing from me. He will lead me and guide me as I acknowledge Him and don't lean to my own understanding. He will make a way of escape when I am tempted. He will hear me when I call to Him.

That's just a little of what I do know about today. I know that no matter what I face, what the day may bring, what may happen, my God will be with me and will give me everything I need to get through it. And this one more thing I know, I can trust Him to take care of me and this new day.

Have a great day. I don't know about this day, but I do know about my God and His promises to me for today.

No comments: