Friday, June 12, 2009

"All Things"

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

How many times have you said, "I can't do that"? How many times have you said that when you read the Bible and it gave a specific command? How many times have you said that to the Lord when He asked you to do something? This often seems to be our immediate response to most situations. But the scripture says we can do "all things" through Christ, not some things, not a few things, not only certain things, but all things.

This means that I can love those who hate me. This means that I can go the second mile. This means that I can forgive those who have done me wrong. It means that I can turn the other cheek. It means I can lay aside the weights that so easily beset me. It means that I can run the race that is set before me. It means that I can obey Him in every area of my life. It means that I can go where He tells me to go, do what He tells me to do, respond the way He tells me to respond, live the way He tells me to live.

So, what is the thing that is your "I can't"? According to God's word, whatever it is, it is something that you "can do" through Christ's strength and grace. Go to God, turn that thing over to Him, let Him give you what you need to turn your "I can't" into "I can"-- because "yes, you can".

Have a great day. There are no "I cant's", only "I cans" through Christ.

No comments: