Friday, March 30, 2018

"Yesterday And Today"

 
"They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:23

I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I miss it. There are days that I don't always do what I should, but I am thankful that even if I missed it yesterday, I don't have to stay there. Today is a new day- a new day that has brand new mercies available to me. Yesterday I might have been a failure, but today I can be a winner. Yesterday I might have suffered defeat, but today I can be victorious.

Look at Peter. There was a "yesterday" and a "today" for him. Yesterday, he denied Christ, but then we see him a few days later and Jesus is commissioning him to feed His sheep. Mary Magdalene had a "yesterday". Yesterday she was full of demons and the Lord cast them out. The next day-her "today"- she is a follower of His- staying by His side even until He drew His last breath on the cross.

There is a "yesterday" and a "today" (so to speak) in all of our lives. Yesterday we may have been in one place, state or condition, but today because of the goodness, mercy and grace of the Lord we can be somewhere completely different. You might have missed it yesterday, but today you can get back on track. Yesterday you might have blown it, but today you can get back up. Yesterday you might have been disobedient, but today you can repent and fulfill His will. Yesterday you might have walked in the flesh, but today you can walk in the spirit. Yesterday you might have been a failure, but today you can be more than a conqueror. Don't let your mistakes of yesterday hold you in bondage. Today is a new day and the Lord is standing at it's threshold waiting to make it a new "today" for you.

Have a great day. You may have blown it yesterday like Peter, but today you can hear the Lord say, "Feed My sheep".

No comments: