Thursday, March 22, 2018

"Trust Jesus"

"But I trust in the Lord Jesus..." Philippians 2:19a

A couple of days ago an old hymn came to my heart- I haven't sang it in a long time. I found myself singing it throughout the whole day. Yesterday, the same thing happened- that song came to mind again and I wanted to sing it. Then last night I had a dream- it was very brief- but in the dream I remember being in a church service needing to hear a word from the Lord and the minister said that he had a word for me- he begin to repeat the words of this hymn.

What was that hymn you ask? ""Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus". This is the song the Lord has been placing on my heart and speaking to me through. I want to "sing" the song for you this morning. The words of the song speak for themselves and they speak volumes to us. There is certainly a message in them if we will listen and take it to heart. I believe that this song is a "word" for someone this morning. I pray that through it you will find renewed hope and strength; rest and reassurance.

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take him at his word;
Just to rest upon his promise,
And to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him!
How I've proved him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust him more!

I'm so glad I learned to trust thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, friend;
And I know that thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Have a great day. You can trust Jesus.


No comments: