Tuesday, November 28, 2017

"I Ain't Doing It"

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  Philippians 4:13
 
I am sure most of you have seen the videos on the internet by a lady who uses an app that changes her appearance and voice.  She addresses some "ridiculousness" that is out there.  At the end of the video she always says, "I ain't doing it".  As I was in prayer yesterday, all of a sudden I heard her voice say, "I ain't doing it".  (God can use weak and foolish things to confound the wise.)  I was praying about the things/sins that we tolerate in our lives when I had this "picture" of her saying that.

We need to get an, "I ain't doing it" attitude where sin is concerned.  To bitterness we need to say, "I ain't doing it".  To anger, evil thoughts, lusts, unforgiveness, bad attitude and negativity we need to say, "I ain't doing it".  To complaining, gossiping, murmuring and backbiting we need to say, "I ain't doing it".  To besetting sins we need to say, "I ain't doing it".

We have control over the sins, wrong attitudes and negativity that we allow in our lives.  We have heard the phrase, "The devil made me do it".  No, he didn't.  He may have given opportunity for you to do it; he may have made suggestions; but he didn't MAKE you do it.  You did it because "every man is tempted when he is drawn away by his own lust and enticed". (James 1:14)

You have control over what you think, say and do.  You can control sin in your life.  It waits at the door and you can either open it or leave it closed.  If it comes in, it is because you opened the door and let it in.  We need to remember that we have control, we have been given authority, we have been given the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.  Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.  Nobody can make you sin.  You make the choice to either sin or not.  When you do, it is because you have given up your control-- you have given up your God-given authority.  If this is you, take back "control".  Go to Jesus and repent.  Yield and submit to the leading and empowerment of the Holy Spirit.  Put on your spiritual armor and take up the Sword of the Spirit and begin to proclaim--- "In the Name of Jesus... I ain't doing it!"

Have a great day.  You need to take control back and determine that... "I ain't doing it".   
 

No comments: