Tuesday, June 28, 2016

"The Lord Of The Work"

"And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:  But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her".  Luke 10:41.42
 
I didn't think I was going to be able to send out the devotional this morning.  My prayer/communion time with the Lord was a little lengthy and now my time is limited because I have to get ready to go to the nursing home for our Bible study.  I hated not to send it but I was not going to have the time.  Then the Lord spoke to my heart and reminded me that my time with Him was more important than my work for Him.
 
Let me preface what I am about to say with this-- the work of the Lord is important, we should not be negligent of it, we should take our responsibility to do what He has called us to do serious.  But having said all that, our relationship with the Lord we are working for is more important than doing the work. 
 
The Pharisees did the work, but had no relationship with the Lord.  Jesus made it clear to them that just because they did all these "works" did not mean that He knew them and that He would not say "depart" to them on the day of judgment. (Matthew 7)
 
Remember the story of Martha and Mary?  Martha was busy serving/working for the Lord but Mary was "busy" with the relationship with Him--- sitting at His feet listening to Him, fellowshipping with Him, loving on Him.  Jesus said that she had chosen the "good part".
 
I just need to remind you, and myself, this morning that spending time with Jesus, loving on Him, communing with Him, listening to Him, coming into His presence is more important than all the work we do for Him-- especially if all we do is work but neglect the relationship.
 
Have a great day.  Your relationship with the Lord of the work is more important than doing the work of the Lord.  If you have to choose between the two-- always choose the relationship.    
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Co
ffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
 

About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:

No comments: