Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Just Be Still"

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10
 
I have a word for someone this morning, myself included. "Be still and know that I am God". Being still and waiting is one of the hardest things for us to do sometimes. It is for me. I am a "fixer". I want to get in there and fix everything. I want to make what should happen happen soon. I am an organizer- in the fact that I want all my "ducks in a row" where they are suppose to be and when they are suppose to be there. I like to get the "ball rolling" and make sure it gets to its destination. This describes a majority of the population as well- perhaps it describes you. 
 
The Bible tells us that there is a time for everything. There is a time for us to be up working and not sitting down. But then there are times when we are to be still, sit down, take our hands off, and do nothing but wait and trust. Abraham and Sarah learned this the hard way when they decided not to "be still" and let God take control of the situation and fulfill His own promise. As a result, they wound up with an Ishmael. What was produced wound up being grief and heartache-- for them and for us. (Today we are still dealing with the effects of their choice not to be still and let God handle it.) 
 
I have a "news flash" for you this morning-- You don't have to help God, He doesn't need your help, but if He does, He will ask for it. Are you trying to make something happen? Are you working on a plan to set some things straight? Are you being anxious and impatient about a situation? Are you confused about what to do? Then be still. Don't try to do it yourself. Don't interfere with what God is trying to do in the situation. This is a time to just be still and trust Him to take care of it. He will do it and in a way that will cause Him to be exalted and get all the glory.
 
Have a great day. Be still and know that He is God. 
 
For further reading:
Psalm 40:1
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: