Thursday, May 29, 2014

"I Need Water"

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is." Psalm 63:1
 
There are times when my body feels so dry and thirsty. When this happens, I go get a drink of water. I have plants in my house and when they start looking dry and beginning to wilt, I water them. When the flowers in my yard are dry and shriveling up, I get out the water hose and water them. When our pets are thirsty, we put a bowl of water out for them. 
 
When living things get dry and thirsty, we water them. The spiritual part of us is living and if we neglect it, it will get dry too. So what do we do? If water is the remedy for every other living thing, then it is the same answer for our spirits. We have to water them. 
 
Are you feeling dry inside? Are you feeling like you are "wilting" on the vine? Well, when was the last time you were "watered"? When was the last time you watered your spirit? How do we water our spirits? "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word." (Ephesians 5:26) With God's Word. You water it by opening God's Word and filling your spirit up with it. You read it and you meditate on it. I am not talking about just a verse or two. I am talking about a good "soaking". When my plants are dry and wilting, I don't just give them a drop or two of water, I give them a good soaking. It is amazing what that will do for them. Their leaves are no longer droopy. They stand upright. And they look refreshed again. 
 
We need to daily water our spirits. We need to soak them in God's Word. It is the "water" that we need to get refreshed and come back alive.
 
Have a great day. If your spirit is feeling dry, when was the last time you watered it?
 
For further reading:
Psalm 68:6; 107:35
Isaiah 55:1
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: