Thursday, October 25, 2012

"Your Heavenly Father Is With You"


"...for thou art with me..." Psalm 23:4
 
The utilities company that services my electricity has been sending a crew around to cut back the limbs on the trees. They were at my house a couple of days ago. The men were working right in my backyard within a few feet of my house. I was here alone. For some reason while they were here I started feeling very uneasy about their presence. I could feel fear trying to take hold of me. What I was feeling was so out of character for me. These kinds of situations never bother me and I never feel the least bit uncomfortable in them. I knew it was the enemy trying to place a spirit of fear on me. So I immediately began to rebuke it, pray against it, call upon the Lord and pull out the sword of God's word to cast down those thoughts and accusations. I continued to do this until that spirit was gone.
 
Later that evening my parents, who live within walking distance of my house, were having dinner with us. My dad told me that he had walked over to my house earlier that day while the men were here working because he could see them and thought they were taking too long to do the job. So he came over and told them they needed to get finished. I had no idea he was here because I didn't see him and he didn't come to the door. 
 
While I was inside doing spiritual warfare against the fear, my Heavenly Father was already coming to my aid and placing Himself in the battle by sending my dad over. Of all the people the Lord could have sent to come during that time, He sent my dad- not a friend, not another man, not my brother, and not even my husband. He used my dad symbolically to show me that He Himself is with me in every situation and is taking care of me at all times. He showed me through my dad that He is watching over me and sees what is going on. 
 
I was comforted, even after the fact, when I found out that my dad had been here. It is comforting to remember that our Heavenly Father is always with us. And even though we may not "see" Him, even though we may not "sense" that He is there, even though we may not "feel" His presence, He is with us. My dad was looking out for me so he made his presence known in the situation to those men. Because our Heavenly Father is always watching over us and looking out for us He too makes His presence known to the enemy when he comes against us. 
 
Have a great day. Our Heavenly Father is with us even when we don't realize that He is. 
 
For further reading:
2 Timothy 1:7
Matthew 6:26
Psalm 23:4
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: