Thursday, October 11, 2012

"Ripple Effect"


"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13
 
To be honest with you I didn't know if there was going to be a devotional this morning or not. The power company was reconnecting a line yesterday and in the process cut the power to my house. That meant everything shut off, including my computer. For some reason this morning as I have turned it back on it has taken forever to reboot and even the smallest task like typing is in "delay" mode. I have had to wait and wait and wait for windows, screens, etc. to stop "not responding" or freezing up. At some point, actually a couple of times, I had to decide to continue or give up-- I have to be at the shop at a certain time this morning so I don't have the option of being able to sit here all day. What choice should I make? Do I give up or do I continue? 
 
Every choice we make has something attached to it- the end result, a consequence, a blessing, a curse. What will the end result be if I give up and walk away this morning? Will it matter? Will it hurt anything or anyone? Will someone be blessed if I don't give up? Is it in my best interest to continue on? Would it be better to just forget about it and try again another time?
 
Everyone of us are faced with choices and when we are we should ask ourselves these questions. Often your choices don't only affect you they affect other people. My choice to give up this morning would have meant that no one would receive the devotional. A man's (or woman's) choice to leave his family affects everyone in the household and extended family. When the bread winner in a household makes the choice to look for another job, the livelihood of the family is affected, either in a good way or a bad way. When a person chooses to break the law, those he commits the crime against and his family are all affected by his actions. Your choices have a "ripple effect"- they reach far and wide and affect others and not just yourself. 
 
So what will your choice be? Even in the smallest things your choice should always be to do what is right, to always follow God's word, to always consider how it will affect someone else, and always persevere and don't give up when that is the best choice to make.
 
Have a great day. Your choices don't only affect you, they have a "ripple effect", so consider before you make them what result it will have.
 
For further reading:
Joshua 24:15
Isaiah 7:15
Psalm 25:12
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: