Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"Set Up"


"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me." Psalm 142:3
 
I had the "craziest" dream last night- I won't go into detail it would take too long. But there was something that stood out to me that I want to share with you. In the dream I was accused of a serious offence and was going to have to go to court. The attorney who was to represent me told me I needed to drink a soft drink so that when I was tested it would be in my blood stream (I know I warned you that it was crazy!). I don't drink soft drinks- it is a personal preference for me. I could not understand what drinking one had to do with my case but he insisted it would help me. I didn't see how. I didn't want to do it because it was painting a false picture around the events that happened. He was persistent, and so was everyone else around me, that I drink it. I kept resisting because I don't drink them and how could it possibly help anyway. You may think that it is silly that I didn't want to drink it, after all, I could if I wanted to, but I felt it was wrong, it went against my convictions, the whole situation didn't feel right it felt like I was being "set up" instead of helped. 
 
The Lord showed me that it was all about compromise. It seemed like such a small thing-- drinking a soft drink- but everyone in the dream was almost adamant that I should drink it. They told me it was for my good. They told me it would benefit me. They told me it would help me. They told me that it would "save the day" for me. Just give in and do it and everything would work out in my favor. 
 
I have a warning from that dream this morning-- do not compromise even in the smallest area. The little foxes spoil the whole vine. A little leaven leavens the whole lump. A little compromise leads to big problems. Don't give in to the persistent "reasoning's" of the enemy who is disguised as someone who is "for you" and "on your side"- like the attorney in my dream. It is really a "set up" by the enemy to get you to compromise. If he can get you to compromise in the little things, pretty soon you will be compromising in the big things- the things that really do count. Don't listen to his lies when he says-- it is for your benefit to cheat on that test because this grade will help you get that scholarship; it will help you get that promotion if you tell just this one lie for your boss; just one beer won't hurt you it will make you popular; if you really love me you will have sex with me; etc., etc., etc. It all may seem "small" but it carries big consequences. 
 
So don't give in no matter who tells you it is for your good and you will benefit from it. Hold fast, don't compromise, the enemy is setting you up to destroy you instead of help you. Isn't that what he did in the Garden of Eden-- told them it would "help" them (make them like God) if they would eat (compromise God's word) that small piece of fruit?
 
Have a great day. Don't compromise, the enemy is setting you up with the lie that it is something that will help you. 
 
For further reading:
Genesis 3:1-6
Song of Solomon 2:15
Galatians 5:9
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:
www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: