Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Provision"


"Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand." Psalm 37:24
 
I may not always do the right thing. I may not always stand strong against temptation, but yield instead. I may make mistakes, fall sort, miss the mark or even rebel against what I know to do or not to do. I may sin. But I am thankful that God loves me so much and does not desire that I be destroyed by it. 
 
He knows the battles that I face against the lust of my own flesh and the enemy that wages war against my soul. He remembers that I was made from dust so I do have periods of weakness when I don't stand strong like I should. Therefore, He has made a provision for me to be forgiven, healed and restored when I do. 
 
He has made provision so that we can confess our sins and be cleansed from them. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9) When we fall, we have access to go before His throne of grace and confess our sins to Him with the assurance that He will forgive and cleanse us completely from the offense. 
 
He also has made the provision for us to have an Advocate to plead our case for us when we fall, and in so doing we are declared "not guilty". "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" (1 John 2:1) This Advocate is not just some "state appointed" person to represent us. It is Jesus Christ Himself. 
 
Have you fallen? Have you missed the mark? Have you sinned against God? Then know today that a provision has been made for you to be forgiven. You don't have to stay in that sin. You don't have to stay in the guilt and condemnation of it. You don't have to stay separated from fellowship with the Father because of it. You can partake of His provision and be set free, cleansed, restored, healed, and forgiven.
 
Have a great day. God has made provision to deal with our sins when we fall so we can be forgiven. 
 
For further reading:
2 Peter 3:9
Hebrews 4:16
Psalm 103:14
John 10:10
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: