Monday, April 14, 2008

"Seek and Find"

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Matthew 7:7

Hide and seek is a very popular children's game. When my daughter was a little girl, I would play it with her. When it was my turn to hide, I would hide in places that were easy for her to find me so she always did find me. That's how it is with God. When we seek for Him, we will always find Him. This is one thing you can count on. I made it easy for my daughter to find me... so does God. He makes it easy for us to find Him.

If for some reason you can't seem to find Him, perhaps it's because you aren't looking. Perhaps you are giving up too soon. Perhaps you have already decided that you won't be able to find Him anyway so why try. He has made us a promise that if we seek Him we will find Him. If you aren't finding Him, it's not His fault, because He desires for you to find Him, and like I have already said, "He makes it easy for us to find Him".

Stretch your faith, look a little longer, look a little further, He's not hard to find. If my daughter didn't find me quickly she, like most children, would get tired of looking and want to quit, but I would make a noise or step over a little to get her attention and she would start looking again. God keeps giving you "signs" that He is there- turn back around and look again. You will find Him.

Have a great day. He has made Himself easy to find.

No comments: