Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Pass It On"

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD..." Isaiah 43:10a

Back in the late 60's or early 70's there was a very popular Christian song that we used to sing all the time. It was entitled- "Pass It On". The chorus said, "That's how it is with God's love, once you've experienced it. You want to sing, it's fresh like spring, you want to pass it on." The song expressed a natural response to receiving something wonderful. When we receive something good or get good news, what do we usually do--- we share it with others. When my precious little granddaughter was born, I shared it with all those on the mailing list, I posted it on the website, I sent out birth announcement cards to my family and friends, I made phone calls, I told everyone that I saw--- and still do!

What the Lord Jesus did for us was the greatest thing anyone could ever do for us. And when we come to a place where we receive this wonderful gift of eternal life, when the love of God is flooding our hearts, when our sins have been forgiven, and we have come into a glorious relationship with the Savior, we should want to share it too-- because that is the best thing that could ever happen to us. It's better than having a grandbaby, better than getting a new home, better than winning a million dollars, better than any earthly relationship.

So let me ask you this morning-- are you "passing it on"? Have you told someone else about this wonderful experience you have in Jesus? Are you passing on the good news that Jesus saves? When was the last time you shared the gospel with another person so that they too can experience this wonderful love and forgiveness? God does not intend for us to be the only ones who enjoy this wonderful experience- He wants us to tell others so that they can enjoy it too.

Have a great day. What has God done for you? Pass it on!!

No comments: