Thursday, February 20, 2020

Coffee Break - Patience

Coffee Break

"Patience"

When you talk about patience, most people will agree that this is one of the hardest things for them to do... wait!  Especially when it comes to waiting on God.  God has a way of making us wait for everything.  We don't like to wait.  We want what we want, ten minutes ago.  But God isn't like that.  His timing is perfect. 

Abraham had to wait 25 years for the promised son.  Joseph had to wait for 14 years to see his destiny come to pass. Elizabeth had to wait until her old age to bear a child- John the Baptist.  And on and on goes the examples in the Bible of people waiting on God for the answer.

This experience has taught me a lot about patience.  I had to wait for referrals that never came.  I had to wait for the holidays to end to see a doctor.  I have had to wait for the doctor to release me to go back to the shop.  I had to wait to drive, send out the Coffee Break devotional, go back to church or ride to town until I could sit long enough.  I haven't been able to make or sell my jewelry.  I have had to miss so much that was happening with family and friends because I was unable physically to do anything.  I have had restrictions so I have had to wait for my husband to do certain things for me that I am restricted from doing.  I have had to wait on his timing. 

The Bible says that tribulation worketh patience.  It absolutely does.  I have heard people say, "Don't pray for patience, because you will get tribulation".  Through all this, I say, go ahead and pray for patience.  You need it.  I need it.  Patience plows up the ground for peace to be produced in your life.  Impatience will rob you of your peace.  It will bred anxiety. We need to have peaceful lives.  The Lord wants us to have peaceful hearts and minds. Therefore, because He knows we need peace, He will allow those things into our lives that will produce it.  I have more peace than I have had in a long time because I am not being impatient about things that are in and out of my control.  I know they are in God's control.

Have a great day.  Tribulation works patience in our lives.  We need patience.  Patience will lead you to peace.   

No comments: