Thursday, February 13, 2020

Coffee Break - Alone

Coffee Break
"Alone"
Yesterday I shared with you that with God things are not always what we think they are.  I thought I was just getting relief from my pain and fixing the problem that was causing it by having surgery. But, like I have already told you, it wasn't about my physical well-being, it was about a spiritual journey He wanted to take me on. 
As I also said, don't misunderstand, God did not do this to me.  He didn't afflict my back and put me in such pain.  But He is using it.  He is using it to get me in a place where I am flat of my back, I can't do anything, I can't go anywhere, I am alone and I am being still. I am in a solitary place.  Therefore, I have nothing else to do but listen to Him.
Thank God for solitary places.  Jacob was in a solitary place and he encountered the Lord.  He wrestled with Him and the Lord touched his thigh so that he limped the rest of His life.  Let's put it this way-- after he had an encounter with the Lord he never walked the same way. The Lord will change our walk/life when we have a real encounter with Him. Jesus was in a solitary place-- 40 days in the wilderness.  When He came out of the wilderness, He came out in power and victory and started His ministry.
Are you in a solitary place?  Each time we go into our prayer closet, or war room, and we shut the world and everything else out we are going into a solitary place.  Those solitary places (whether they are your prayer closet or some situation that has you alone) are where we come out refreshed, changed and empowered to do what we are called to do. 

The Lord has spoken a word to me throughout this whole trial, and He speaks it to me often.  It is-- when I am tried, I shall come forth as pure gold. The Lord wants to turn you into a pure gold vessel to be used for His honor and glory.  But it comes as we submit and surrender to the Master Refiner.  We have to be willing and obedient to allow Him to do whatever He desires.... even if it takes us down a path that we would not choose or want to go down.  And even if it takes us into a solitary place.

Have a great day.  Sometimes we don't understand what God is doing, especially when we are in a solitary place, but it is always a good thing, it always benefits us and the work of His Kingdom.    
 

No comments: