Monday, August 28, 2017

"Reasoning About Your Sins"

“Come now, and let us reason together,” saith the Lord. “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."  Isaiah 1:18

What a beautiful picture of love, grace and mercy we see here.  The Lord God Himself has invited us to come to Him and talk about the matter of our sins together.  

Picture this-- you committed a traffic violation and received a summons to come to court.  You are standing there in court and the judge calls your name.  You go before him and begin to plead your case with him.  There is some dialog between you and him-- how do you plead, do you have anything to say for yourself, etc.  Then he tells you what your fine is and how to go about paying it, or he dismisses it altogether. 

This verse paints a similar picture.  When the Spirit of the Lord begins to convict your heart of sin, He is "calling/inviting" you to "appear" before Him to talk about this matter of your sin violation.  There is usually a dialog of reasoning together back and forth between you and the Lord.  For me it was something like this:

Me:  I am a sinner God and I need to be saved. 
The Lord:  Yes, you are.  I will save you.
Me:  But I am too bad.  I have done too much.  I can't be saved.  I have neglected You for years.  I have turned my back on You.  I have rebelled against You.  I have cursed You.  I am unworthy of Your forgiveness.  I have gone too far and reached the point of no return. 
The Lord:  I know you have.  I know what you have done.  But I love you and will forgive you.  Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, I shall make them as pure as wool.  I will wash you completely clean from your sins.  I will make you brand new.   I love you and desire for you to be My child and live with Me forever in my kingdom.  I have sent My Son Jesus to die for you so that you can be forgiven.  Will you accept my gift of salvation and eternal life? 
Me:  Yes, Lord... Thank You... I love You, Lord.  I love You, Jesus.

Have you had this conversation with the Lord?  Have you received Him as Savior?  Has He cleansed you from your sins?  Has He taken your life which was red like crimson and made it white as snow?  If not, then accept His call, and invitation, to come and reason together about your sins.

Have a great day.  The Lord is calling you to come to Him and discuss your sins.  You should go. 
  

No comments: