Thursday, March 9, 2017

"Three Categories"

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."  Matthew 6:24

Yesterday we talked about freedom.  Jesus set us free, but the "free indeed" part comes as we allow His transformation process to take place in every area of our lives.  I brought the subject up because of many posts that I have read on Facebook written by Christians that were full of bitterness, anger, revenge, hatred, complaining, etc.  I said that if these things are in your life then you are not truly free.  You are bound by them, and they keep you from enjoying the freedom that Jesus gives you

I told you the things that I read on these posts and other writings, but I didn't tell you what I don't read.  I don't read in these posts words of love, contentment, edification, exhortation, words that bring comfort, words that produce life and peace and bring unity and harmony.   

But there is something else that I read in many posts that is perhaps more alarming.  I read both of these things I have discussed mixed together.  One post will be praising God and the next post will be criticizing people.  One post may be praising God for His goodness and the next post is putting down on someone.  One post will be full of love and the next full of hate.  One will encourage obedience to God and another will be full of rebellious attitudes.  One post will speak blessings and another one will have profanity in it.  This, like I said, is alarming.

It is alarming because this is addressed in the Bible and the Lord has some strong and serious things to say about it.  He said a fountain can't produce good and bitter water at the same time.  He said you can't curse men with the same mouth you bless God.  He said you can't love God whom you haven't seen and hate your brother whom you have seen.  He said you can't serve two masters-- only one.  He said you can't serve God and mammon.  He said if you are lukewarm (a little hot and a little cold mixed together) He will literally vomit you out of His mouth.   

I listed three categories here-- those who talk/write from the flesh; those who talk/write from the Spirit, and those who try to do both.  Which one are you in?  What this all boils down to is a heart matter.  Where is your heart?  Who has your heart? You or God?  The two of you can't both have it at the same time. 

Have a great day.  Are you trying to live two ways?





No comments: