Thursday, March 16, 2017

"Spiritual Choices"

" I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live."  Deuteronomy 30:19

We have choices to make daily.  You had to choose to read this devotional.  You had to choose to get out of bed.  You have to make the choice about what you are going to eat and what you are going to wear.  You had to make the choice to go to work, or school or somewhere else.  But what about spiritual choices?  There are spiritual choices that we should make every day. 

Here are some of the spiritual choices we should make daily.  (You are welcomed to print them and use them as your declaration and profession/confession each day.) 

Today I choose to walk uprightly before the Lord in the land of the living.  I choose to be a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to the Lord.  I choose to humble myself before the mighty hand of God.  I choose to decrease so that He might increase.  I choose to set my affections on things above and not on things on the earth.  I choose to look unto the hills, that is where my help comes from-- it comes from the Lord.  I choose to trust the Lord to provide all my needs today.  I choose to seek those things which are above.  I choose to seek first His Kingdom and righteousness.  I choose to rejoice today.  I choose to praise Him in the storm.  I choose today to let His word be the lamp into my feet and the light for my path.  I choose to be led by the Spirit.  I choose to love Him with all my heart, soul, strength and mind and love my neighbor as myself today.   I choose to love my enemies and bless those who curse me.   I choose to be light and salt in this dark world.   I choose to let Him fight my battles.  I choose to forgive those who trespass against me.  I choose to surrender the Lordship of my life over to the Lord-- the One who loved me and gave Himself for me.  

Not every thing we do spiritually is automatic, some involve a choice-- a decision of the will.  We must make those choices.  Above are a few (there are many more) that I have determined and decided to choose to do with the Lord's help and grace daily.  What spiritual choices are you making?  What choices are you surrendering your will to?  

Have a great day.  Daily we have to make choices, including spiritual choices. 

No comments: