Monday, March 6, 2017

"Amazing God"

"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;  what is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?"  Psalm 8:3,4

We were singing a song in church yesterday morning and one line of the song said, "I stand amazed".  Of course it was talking about the Lord.  He is amazing.  My heart began to cry out that I am amazed by Him.  I am amazed at the depth of His love for me.  I am amazed at the depth of His forgiveness of my sins.  I am amazed at the depth of His compassion.  I am amazed at the depth of His kindness.  I am amazed that though I don't deserve it, He showers me with His grace, goodness and blessings in abundance.

Does His unsearchable goodness amaze you?  Are you amazed at His love for you?  Are you amazed that this God of the Universe, who created the stars, hung them in place and calls them each one by name loves you unconditionally with an everlasting love?  I am completely amazed because I know I am undeserving of any goodness He shows me. 

What about the Lord amazes you?  Do you ever think about His goodness toward you?  Do you take Him and His kindness for granted?  Does it cause you to rejoice and open up your mouth in praise and worship?  Take time today to think about and ponder His "notice" and "care" of you.  As you do, you can't help but thank Him for it.   

Have a great day.  The Lord God is amazing... and His love for you should amaze you. 

No comments: